The York Synchro team is currently accepting members from all areas throughout South Central PA. Synchro is not only an excellent activity for health and well being, but it also helps athletes learn the importance of goal setting and achievement, perseverance and determination, dedication and commitment. Through synchro they learn self-discipline, self-control and time management, along with interpersonal relationship skills.
Synchro swimmers take these valuable skills into the real world, using them in school, work and life – all while having fun.
Girls and boys who love to swim are encouraged to try the beginner synchro class or attend one of our bi-yearly clinics.
Ways to Join York Synchro
Beginner Synchro Class
- For swimmers Red Cross Level 4+
- Swimmers must be able to swim one lap of front crawl & one lap of back crawl unassisted
- 45 minute class on Saturday mornings
- Learn the basics of synchronized swimming
- Can join any time of year that the class is in session
Free Synchronized Swimming Clinic
- Open to boys & girls, swimmers must be Red Cross Level 4+ to attend
- Swimmers must be able to swim alone in the deep end, as well as one lap of front & back crawl
- Offered twice a year
- Learn basic synchro skills
- Learn a fun routine to perform
- Meet and interact with current team members who help provide instruction throughout the clinic
- Season runs year-round
- For boys & girls ages 7-18 years old
- 2-5 practices/ week depending on age & skill level
- Learn routines to perform at competitions throughout the season
- Perform in the annual York Synchro Watershow every October
- New swimmers are accepted in June and the end of October after completing either the Beginner Synchro Class or Free Synchro Clinic
For more information on the York Synchro team and joining the team, please contact the YWCA Aquatics Director.